Saturday, November 24, 2007

Welcome and Thanks T.

This being my first entry to the blog, I figure it's a good idea to let people know where and why I'm beginning. First, I have been very fortunate over the years to make connections in the endurance sports world with class people like Bob Cook from the Runner's Edge and Jose' "the commish" Lopez of Long Island Tricoach, as well as, countless others that have come into and recommended others to come into my store, Babylon Bike Shop. It's through my association with these guys and a few others, that I've met and in many cases, become friends with, some of the most important people in my life.

I'm now in my sixth year coaching triathletes and cyclists for events ranging from TNT events to the Ironman World Championship in Kona. I've been fortunate enough to learn from each and every one of them. What I hope to do through this outlet is to share some of what I am learning as I am learning it. I hope also to share some of the (hopefully) interesting stuff that occurs along the way. I'll use this forum to ramble on about pretty much anything. I'll try to keep it entertaining and try not to drone on too much about training with power on the bike, but it is sure to come up from time to time.

Some of the characters I train with on a regular basis like brother Matt, George, Danielle, Luis, Skip, Jimbo in Boulder and Randy will be referred to by their names. People that are not actually innocent, but whose names I haven't asked permission to write about like Dennis from the Kreb Cycle shall be referred to by aliases. Dennis, for example, will be referred to as "Skip's significant other". I'll also include anything that might seem humorous or interesting to me that I encounter while working with many of Long Island's fittest (and funniest) people.

I couldn't write a first entry without thanking T (alias) for this idea and for his continuous stream of thought provoking suggestions. Thanks, buddy. Cheers.

No comments: